A simple, healthy, vegetarian dessert. I thought about the flavors I love with berries and this yummy syrup was born. Topping it with whipped coconut milk is the best!
This is super simple. Combine your honey (raw if you have it) and lemon juice and mix them with your berries for 20 minutes or so. Add a few beautiful basil leaves and you’re done.
Strawberries with Honey Lemon Syrup
- 4 cups strawberries, washed and quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey (raw if available)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Combine lemon juice and honey well, stir in berries gently and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip coconut milk until frothy.
- Spoon mixture into each bowl and top with fresh basil and whipped coconut milk.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Strawberry Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms