This dish is as simple as roasting the chicken breasts – feel free to use thighs if you prefer – with a little balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. While it’s cooking, wash and cut your strawberries and combine them with basil and feta cheese. Goat cheese would be a nice option here. Top your chicken with the strawberry mixture and drizzle with a little more balsamic vinegar and you’ve got dinner.
Those beautiful juicy berries are from Barrie Hill Farms. When I heard the strawberries were ready I got out there as quickly as possible because they go fast!
Balsamic Chicken with Strawberries, Basil and Feta Cheese
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, hulled and chopped
- 4-6 ounces feta cheese, chopped or crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place chicken in baking pan, salt and pepper both sides and drizzle with half of the balsamic vinegar. Roast for 25-35 minutes depending on the thickness. Check to ensure the internal temp reaches 165 F. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, prepare strawberries, cheese and basil – combine in small bowl.
- Top chicken with strawberry mixture and drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar. Serve
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Strawberry Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms