This Roast Salmon with Heirloom Tomatoes is easy, healthy and takes only 15 minutes to prepare. You can serve it to company or throw it together on a weeknight when you’re rushed for time.
There’s nothing easier than throwing this simple tomato salad together and some salmon on the BBQ or for a quick roast in the oven. Don’t forget the glass of chardonnay. Cheers!
Roast Salmon with Heirloom Tomatoes
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1½ lb. mixed heirloom or regular tomatoes
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp capers
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Whisk vinegar, oil, and garlic in a large bowl until blended. Gently stir in tomatoes, basil, onions, capers, and kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until nearly smoking. Sear salmon fillets skin-side up 2 minutes. Flip, then transfer skillet to oven and cook 7-10 minutes more or until salmon is just cooked through. (depending on thickness) Be careful not to overcook. Mine took 7 minutes and my oven tends to run hot.
- Spoon tomato salad onto plates and top with grilled salmon.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Tomato Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms