So you gotta know that this BLT Chickapea Pasta Salad is going to become a regular in your household after it hits the table for the first time. I love that this pasta offers the full meal deal with loads of protein and fiber. Best of all, kids are digging this.
BLT Chickpea Pasta Salad
- 1 box (227 g, ½ lb) Chickapea pasta spirals
- 1/2 pound (226 g) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (400 g) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (5 g) chopped herbs (basil, parsley, chives)
- 1/4 cup (5 g) baby arugula, thick stem discarded
- Small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup (240 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup (300 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (6.3g) basil, chopped
- 1 tsp (2,6 g) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (1,3 g) freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp teaspoon (0.65) kosher salt
- 1 tsp (2.6 g) honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend well till smooth. This will make about 2 ¼ cups and will keep up to 1 month. You need only 1 cup for the recipe.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and add dressing; tossing well to combine. Let cool.
- Meanwhile cook bacon according to your taste. I like it just before it’s crispy! Cut into bite size pieces.
- Add bacon, tomatoes, herbs, arugula and onion to the pasta and toss. Add more vinaigrette at this point if desired.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Tomato Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms