This easy Pan-Fried Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes Recipe has a delightful blend of red peppers, onions, garlic, fresh thyme, chipotle seasoning and even a touch of nutmeg!
Spring and summer may have been late in coming this year but that means good news for farm goers this fall. Berries are still plentiful, apples are in good supply and the new potatoes are scrumptious!
I think what I love most about potatoes is their versatility. They are great in salads, as a side dish and there are so many delicious and diverse ways to prepare them. Combining them with sweet potatoes is now one of my favorite!
Potatoes Provide Important Nutrients!
- Just 110 calories.
- No fat, sodium or cholesterol.
- Nearly half your daily value of vitamin C.
- More potassium than a banana.
- A good source of vitamin B6.
- Fiber, magnesium and antioxidants.
- Resistant starch.
This easy dish comes together in just 30 minutes and is great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack. The addition of chipotle offers a mild but earthy taste that it is a perfect complement to the potatoes.
How do you cook your fresh farm potatoes? We’d love it if you shared your creations with us on Instagram or Facebook. Just tag #barriehillfarms so we can inspire our followers!
Pan-Fried Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound new potatoes, halved
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6-8 sprigs of thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium head. and cook onions and bell peppers until onions are softened, about five minutes. Add potatoes, herbs and spices, cook on medium to medium low heat, uncovered, for about 25 – 30 minutes stirring occasionally. You want your potatoes to brown and crisp a little on the edges. Be sure to scrap the bottom of the skillet as well to get all the pieces that may stick to the bottom, they will add nice flavor and some crispy texture to your dish.
- Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, herbs and spices. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add onions ad bell peppers and toss with potatoes. Cook until potatoes are brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Potato Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms