The wait is over and the excitement for all of us is here. After months of hard work and preparation we are please to announce that we are ready to open the doors to welcome you. Our market has been stocked by Al & his team with lots of amazing new products and lots of your old favorites too. Farmer Morris & his guys have been in high gear working hard from the crack of dawn in the fields getting all your seasonal favorites ready. I know they are eagerly waiting for those beautiful little green shoots to make a appearance and be the first welcomed guest of the season.
Come see us all. New faces & old and me Chef Niki. I have lots of yummy new delectable farm made treats baked fresh every morning. I am also excited to keep you all in the loop this year with a new weekly blog telling you all the new stuff happening at the farm. I have also been busy working on lots of fun new recipes that I will attach each week for you and your family to enjoy made with best fruits & veggies our area has to offer.
This weeks mouth watering treat is a Berry Blast Smoothy. Made from our brand new Barrie Hill Farms Berry Blend frozen fruit and farm fresh honey( Both are available on our website or in the market). Check it out its a favorite in my home and for anyone that has kids that are picky eaters.
We are all eagerly waiting to see your smiling eyes & welcome you back
Sending Love From The Kitchen
Berry Blast Smoothie
- Blender or food processor
- 300 grams Barrie Hill Farm Smoothie Berry Blend
- 1 cup Your favorite yogurt Vanilla is the most popular at my house
- 1 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Pure Honey The more local the better
- Pour all ingredients into the blender and buzz until smooth
- This is also where you can get creative and add a bit of yourself to the mix. My favorite is to add a banana or peaches. I also love adding mango for healthy glowing skin or beets to detoxify. (Adding some coconut water or coconut milk boosts the flavor and is amazing for mental alertness & concentration)