Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Roasted Corn, Shrimp and Citrus-Ginger Vinaigrette is a simple salad that will impress your guests with it’s presentation and flavor.
I couldn’t decide to add basil or cilantro. I think either one will taste great but I finally settled on basil. Because I came home with a gigantic plant from the Barrie Hill Farms the other day. Having all this beautiful produce at the tip of my fingers has been such a pleasure and I’ve never felt so creative and excited about cooking.
Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Roasted Corn, Shrimp and Citrus-Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 large zucchini, washed, cut into ribbons with vegetable peeler
- 1 corn with husk
- 12-15 medium-large shrimp, washed, peeled and deveined
- 2-3 tbsp red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- handful of fresh basil
- Citrus-Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F and trim ends of corn, leaving husk on but removing loose pieces. Place corn on baking tray and roast for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Drizzle shrimp with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Turn oven up to 450 and place shrimp on baking sheet. Roasting for 8 minutes. Remove.
- While corn is roasting, combine zucchini ribbons, red pepper, tomatoes and basil.
- Cut corn from cob and add to salad along with shrimp.
- For Dressing – combine ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over salad, mix well and serve immediately.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Sweet Corn Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms