Roasted Corn with Smoky Lime Butter is a unique way of bringing out the best of your sweet corn. Change it up and see your family’s reaction!
I wanted to do a little something different taste-wise this time around and change up my cooking method as well. I usually soak the corn in milk for 30 minutes or so before boiling it but that just seems so boring sometimes. I love it on the grill but starting up the grill for just one thing is sometimes a pain and other times the grill is too crowded with fish and chicken and veggies.
Enter the oven method! Have you ever tried this before? This was my first time and it sure won’t be my last.
I cleaned it up a little by cutting the end off and removing a few loose strips. I just wanted to ensure that the silken ends didn’t flame up. Put them directly on the rack at 350 F for 30 minutes and they’re done. Super simple, super delicious.
The great thing about this method is that you can peel back the husks so easily and the silk goes with it – no mess! Do be careful about the steam though – they’ll be very hot.
Roasted Corn with Smoky Lime Butter
- 6 Fresh ears of corn, unpeeled and in husks.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Place rack in center position of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off any silk hanging out the ends. Trim any tips of leaves extending from sides. Do not peel.
- Place ears of corn directly on oven rack. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove corn from oven. Let cool for a few minutes before peeling back the husks. It’s hot so be careful!
SMOKY LIME BUTTER
- Combine butter, zest from half the lime, and juice of whole lime. Stir in cilantro, salt, smoked paprika, and pepper. Transfer butter mixture to a serving bowl.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Sweet Corn Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms