Sugar Snap Pea, Radish & Cucumber Salad is a 10 minute summer dish full of everyone’s favorite farmer’s market gems. Simply combine the veggies and drizzle with a mix of olive oil, lemon juice and sesame seeds!
It’s PYO Time!
So much beautiful produce in the fields to pick right now! Blueberries, raspberries, corn, peas, and soon there will be fall raspberries and much more!
By the time we get home, the peas are seriously depleted because no one can resist snacking on these beauties. That’s the great thing about these peas – they are delicious raw, steamed, boiled or even toss them in a basket on the grill.
Sugar Snap Peas Nutrition Facts:
- Improving digestive and heart function while aiding in the metabolism of fats and blood sugars.
- The soluble fiber in sugar snap peas binds to cholesterol and prevent its absorption in the bloodstream, preventing the buildup of arterial plaque.
- A one-cup serving of sugar snap peas delivers just over 10 grams of carbohydrates, which is usually well within the limits of the low carb diets
What are you favorite veggies/fruits to pick at the farm? We’d love to see what you’re cooking! Show us your creations on Instagram or Facebook so we can share with our followers!
Sugar Snap Pea, Radish & Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 english cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and combine all vegetables with herbs in a large bowl, then sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle on vegetables. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Pea Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms
Beef Stir Fry with Asparagus, Snap Peas & Fiddleheads