With the start of every spring we get so excited to start harvesting the new fresh asparagus. Here is a new addition to the locally grown Asparagus we think you will enjoy. This is a fun family easy dish for any night of the week.
Creamy Grilled Chicken & Asparagus Casserole
- grill pan
- 10 inch backing dish
- 1 lb Thatchers Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Uncooked Rotini Pasta
- 2 cups Blanched Barrie Hill Farms Asparagus
- 2 cups Shredded Empire Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups 10% Miller's Dairy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 tsp Butter
- Fill a 2 quart pot with 10 cups of water and 1 tbsp of Sea Salt. Add pasta and cook until soft but a little tender. Remove from pot and strain under cold water. Shake off any excess water and set past aside.
- Remove Chicken from packaging and rinse under cold water. Dry with paper towel and place chicken on a plate. Rub chicken with olive oil & season with sea salt and pepper.. Grill chicken on a grill or in a grill pan until juices run clear and no longer pink in the center. Remove from heat and let cool on a covered plate to seal in juices.
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a 1 Quart pot melt butter and add cream. Bring to a low simmer stirring frequently. Add chicken stock mixed with cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. Turn off heat and add 1 cup of cheese. Continue to stir until cheese is melted and sauce is a creamy smooth texture. (For a fun suprise & to add a little zest add a tbsp of djion mustard to the sauce)
- Now is the fun part. Coat a 10 inch oven proof dish with cooking spray or rub a little olive oil. Add sauce, noodles, asparagus and chopped up chicken to the dish. Mix well and sprinkle with remaining cheese on top. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese on top is crispy and golden.
- Remove from oven & let sit for 10 minutes
- Enjoy with family & those you love