Berry French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf whole grain bread
- 8 eggs
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk or the milk of your preference
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange juice freshly squeezed
- zest from 1/2 the orange
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh Barrie Hill Farms blueberries frozen will work as an alternative
- 1 cup Barrie Hill Farms raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup granola
- extra maple syrup for drizzling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, maple syrup, extract, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg. Whisk well.
- Oil a baking dish (about 9 x 13) or ramekins and fill with bread.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes, mixing once or twice to be sure all parts of the bread are moistened.
- Mix in the blueberries.
- Bake the casserole at 350 F. for about 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with half of the granola; return to oven and bake another15 minutes or until there is no longer any liquid between the bread.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Top with raspberries, blackberries and remaining granola. Drizzle with additional maple syrup.