The craving for everything pumpkin is still going strong and this moist and flavourful bread is popular with both kids and adults alike.
You know I’m all about ensuring that healthy dishes taste as good (and better) than unhealthy alternatives and this pumpkin bread ranks up there as a big winner.
When you check out all the ingredients in this pumpkin bread, you’ll be smacking your lips in anticipation of every scrumptious bite! Gotta have it!
Vegan Pumpkin Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper. (Not to be confused with wax paper!)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and baking soda, then stir in the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and water. Finally, add in the apple cider vinegar, which will help the loaf rise when it reacts with the baking soda.
- Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Pumpkin Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms