This Sugar Free Strawberry Sauce is made with pure maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon – the perfect complement to these hand picked, amazingly sweet berries!
Strawberry season is here and people will be flocking to the farm to get the most popular berry. There are strawberries available in the market and of course, you can pick your own.
I love collaborating with the farm to bring fresh, seasonal recipes to you and I will be visiting at least twice a week for inspiration this summer. It is absolutely my favorite place to be!
The berry is a work of art and I don’t mess with perfection! The best plant based food needs only natural ingredients to enhance and enjoy and this 3 ingredient strawberry topping is quick, easy and pure goodness. Try it on yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, pie or cheesecake. You can go the savory route too – it’s fabulous on chicken! The possibilities are endless!!
What are you doing with your strawberries? Share and tag us on Instagram so we can see what you’re up to in your kitchen!
Check out more of our strawberry recipes:
Strawberry Topping (Sugar Free)
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced thickly
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (more if you desire a saucier consistency)
- 1/2 lemon
- In a medium saucepan, combine sliced strawberries, 1/3 cup maple syrup and freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 lemon. On medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- The sauce will thicken up as it cools and if you are storing it in the refrigerator, it will thicken even more so be careful to get the consistency you want.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.