How to Freeze Asparagus
- Wash your farm fresh Barrie Hill Farms asparagus and remove the tough ends
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Set side a large bowl of ice water, a drying tray with paper towel and a tray for freezing
- Add the asparagus to your pot of boiling water, let boil for 2-4 minutes depending on it’s thickness
- Remove the asparagus with tongs and add it to the ice bath. Keep it in the ice bath for the same amount of time that it was boiled, then transfer to your drying station.
- Once dry, cut asparagus into pieces if you choose, then add the asparagus to your freezing tray in a single layer and freeze until solid
- Remove from freezer once solid and add to your freezer bags, ensuring to remove any excess air before sealing. Your frozen asparagus is best used within a year.