Cheesy Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup goated cheese or grated parmesan
- 4 large basil leaves
- small handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Halve the tomatoes and place on baking sheet, cut side up. I put tin foil on my sheet and sprayed it with olive oil spray to make clean up easier.
- Drizzle the olive oil, Balsamic, salt and pepper over the tomatoes.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the skins are blistered, top the halves with goat cheese and roast another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the dressing ingredients into your food processor and pulse until the basil is finely chopped.
- Remove from the oven and place a basil leaf on each tomato and drizzle with dressing.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Tomato Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms
Asparagus Tomato Salad with Feta