Asparagus Guacamole is a twist on the traditional treat and offers a unique spicy flavor that will be a hit with your guests this summer. The asparagus season is full on and we can’t get enough of this super popular vegetable.
4 Ways to Eat Your Asparagus Guacamole:
- On Toast! Just spread on toast like you would mashed avocado and enjoy.
- On Your Veggie Burger. Skip the mayo and enjoy the creaminess without sending your cholesterol through the roof.
- In a Wonton. Asparagus egg rolls will rock your socks!
- As a Pizza Topping. Add shrimp, pineapple, and tomato for a flavorfest that will have your taste buds dancing.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
What are you doing with your asparagus? We’d love to see what you’re up to in your kitchen. Tag us at @barriehillfarms or #barriehillfarms so we can share your creativity!
- 1.5 lbs asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon fat free Greek style yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (reduce if you don't like it hot)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the asparagus into a steamer insert and set into a pot over one inch of water, bring the water to a boil. Place a cover on the pot and steam the asparagus for 5 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Combine the asparagus puree with the remaining ingredients except the salt and pepper.. In a large bowl gently sir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator until completely cooled.
More Asparagus Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms
Beef Stir Fry with Asparagus, Snap Peas & Fiddleheads
Spicy Sauteed Shrimp with Maple Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Asparagus Soup Recipe with Spinach and Garlic