No-Bake Apple Pie Parfait
- 4 Barrie Hill Farms Apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
- 1/4 cup butter cold
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Your favourite whipped topping
- In a medium saucepan combine apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ½ cup water.
- Cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining ½ cup water, then gradually combine with the apple mixture, stirring constantly, for about 1-2 minutes or until apple mixture has thickened.
- Set aside and allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Combine almond meal, rolled oats, brown sugar, chopped pecans, butter and cinnamon in a large bowl. With your hands, mix thoroughly.
- Start by picking out 4 glasses. Cups will do, but we recommend clear glasses so you can see the beautiful layers!
- Once apple filling has cooled you may begin. Start by pressing ½ of an inch of crumble into each glass. Then layer the same amount of apple filling, then whipped cream. Repeat steps one more time. Serve cold.