This easy Easy Tomato Vinaigrette is super flavorful and so versatile. Use it on omelettes, pasta, steak, grilled fish or roasted vegetables like zucchini and eggplant.
Beautiful tomatoes from Barrie Hill Farm is the best part about August! There are so many delicious ways to incorporate these super healthy fruits into your diet and they freeze so beautifully so you can buy as many as your heart desires!
You can use basil instead of chives if that is your preference and, depending on the acidity of your tomatoes, you may want to cut back on the vinegar a wee bit. And hey – using balsamic instead of red wine vinegar could be interesting! As always, taste as you go! Roasting the tomatoes is always a fun alternative as well. There are so many ways to change a recipe up and make it your own.
What are you doing with your tomatoes this summer? Tag us on Instagram, @barriehillfarms and #barriehillfarms so we can be inspired by your creativity!
Easy Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot finely chopped (add more if desired)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (or try balsamic)
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (or use basil or parsley
- Cut half of cherry tomatoes in half. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add halved and whole tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to release juices, 4-6 minutes. Mash some of tomatoes with a spoon.
- Add 1 tablespoon vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature; add chives just before serving.
- DO AHEAD: Vinaigrette can be made (without chives) 2 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature and stir in chives.
Follow us on Facebook for more delicious farm-fresh recipes, and updates on our growing seasons!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Fresh Dinners, A partner with Barrie Hill Farms in bringing fresh recipes to your table.
More Tomato Recipes from Barrie Hill Farms