I don’t know about your family but mine is crazy hectic in the summer. Between work, driving my son Max around, extra yard work and just life in general it leaves very little time to just breathe and relax. When I am lucky enough to have some free time the last thing I want to do is spend hours prepping for a big meal. I want to be out on the patio getting some much deserved vitamins from the sun and laughing with family and friends. Also seriously who wants to clean up after it lol. We deserve to have a break and enjoy the gifts of summer.
So while making dinner the other night a idea came to me. Wouldn’t it be nice to have meals that you can feel good about in under 20 minutes. Quick easy simply elegant meals that will satisfy your whole family and leaves you time to enjoy yourself?
Well as chef and a loud and proud local supporter I would like to introduce you to a new series of recipes. Easy & simple with products that you can purchase here in our market at Barrie Hill Farms. This weeks recipe is a Asparagus Frittata made with Free Run Homestead Farms eggs (Newmarket), Rich smooth Miller Dairy Milk (Creemore), Asparagus from Barrie Hill Farms & a yummy Empire cheddar (Peterborough). This recipe is so quick and delicious served with a salad.
I will be making a new recipe each week that hopefully gets you some sunshine, more family time & out here to the farm.
Cheers to Summer
- Chef knife, Cutting Board, Non stick frying pan, Silicone Spatula, Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Chopped BHF Asparagus Fresh blanched or frozen
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- I Med White or Yellow Onion Fine diced
- 1 Large Sweet Red Pepper Small diced
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack or Old Cheddar Grated
- 4 tbsp Butter
- TT Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup 1/2 & 1/2 Cream
- 8 large eggs 12 small
- Spray & Melt Butter in non stick fry pan
- Once butter is melted and bubbling add a quater of the veggies mixed and cook until lightly softened
- Add eggs and season with Salt & Pepper
- Cook mixture stirring and lifting the sides to cook evenly
- Sprinkle with a quater of the cheese and place under the broiler to melt cheese & finish cooking eggs
- Remove from oven and slide onto a plate
- Serve with a salad for a healthy light meal
- Repeat with rest of mixtures or use a large pan and cut into wedges